Pages

Monday, March 21, 2005

Defining my parameters

Greetings again dear readers. For today, I'll just be commenting on the previous entry and clarifying some other things. Some might find it lengthy, but what the heck.

Ok, so let's put first thing's first. I can't ignorantly say that my so called 'exposé' in the previous entry, or future entries for that matter, are not meant to hurt people entirely. I am no stranger to the casualties of truth and honesty. For the casualties of my writing, all I can offer you is my sincere apology. Besides that you have been warned against reading, am I not correct?

I do realise that the type of entries like the previous ones are rather provoking. Well that's the point isn't it? I'm an attention seeking bastard and I'm aspiring to be a damn good writer, so I can't do that by endlessly stammering my sad life to you right? On a more serious note, I would like to let everyone get one thing clear: my writings and opinions are fairly educated ones. They are based to a certain extent on solid facts, that's the whole point of an exposé. This may be wee bit too harsh and shocking to some but I'm here to emphasize the impact of writing on people. What better way to do this than to slam the naked truth in their faces?

True or false, the credibility of my writing is ultimately up to the reader to weigh. I might even sadistically play on that in the future, but I'll try not to abuse your faith in my writing. Despite the negative or probing comments in the tagboard or elsewhere, I deeply, truly appreciate them. No writer would turn away the words of their readers. Besides, there's no greater pleasure than finding the flaws of a perfect masterpiece. (fine, maybe sexual pleasure might equate)

For those that expressed comments privately, I will hold them confidential. Comments like those made by dear old Wraith, I would take pleasure in addressing publically. Oh yeah, Wraith, if you mind me stating the following, just hint me and I'll gladly take it off.

Wraith said "BTW, crime rates for malays are LOWER than the other races... And what has terrorism got to do with malay's downfall? If so, even some Americans are muslims and some were related in terrorist attacks... What one sees and believes in directly affect the type of person they become?". Well that's a summary at least.

Allow me to respond to that. Firstly, I think that what you have said about the malay crime rates meant there are less malay criminals than other races. The actual fact is, and this is for real a fact, the percentage of criminals within the racial group of the Malays is way higher than the percentage of criminals within other racial groups. Sad, but true.

Secondly, terrorism has got quite a lot to do with the downfall. To clarify, the downfall in my exposé is defined by the failure in terms of academics, social, political, etc and the stance of impression that others have. Having said that, terrorism affects the downfall as being related to terrorism obviously will degrade the impression that others have on the Malay community. If it's religion that you say, Singaporean Malays can be safely taken as entirely Muslims and religion plays a large part in defining them. And do you know how Americans muslims are treated? Like vermin, to summarise it. To a certain extent that is similar to Singaporean Muslims too, especially at the time right after the Sept 11 incident.

Thirdly, Wraith mentioned that I'm assuming what one sees they will believe in. You're totally dismissing the other part dear. I said what one sees AND believe in. Those two can't be taken in isolation. Either way, visual input greatly influence one's response and faith, so the point is valid anyway. If you don't believe that what one believes is what one becomes, don't kid me. Have you not heard the power of faith?

Fourthly, I was said to digress a lot. If you read my definition of downfall aboce, I think that clears it up a bit. It's my mistake on my part to not include that in the exposé.

Well, that feels a lot better. I really would like to thank all those people who've read and responded to my exposé. Though it's just my first, the response was encouraging. You guys make me feel like I'm a White House official responding to the president's comment, It's a cool feeling. But that's just me.

Do continue to return here for your cup of linguistic tea and spread the word so that everyone will experience the liberation of walking on Legal Grounds.
(that sounds so much like an ad tagline, cor-nee...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try out the new comment system guys! I just got them working!

Anonymous said...

Testing 1,2,3